The Atlantic World
email@example.com Social Science 116 | MWF 12:35-1:30 PM
Office Hrs: M 10:20 - 11:20 & F 1:30 - 3:30 Social Science 60S
Friday, October 13
- Argumentation paper Oct 27
- stay caught up with Lepore!
- the big picture
- what is the Atlantic World?
- how to use a book review
- how to find a question
the big picture
- inter-colonial conflict requires reliance on Native allies
- economic reliance on plantation slavery in all colonies
- NE: religious & moral overtone to Indian war
- increased shipping & economic ties increase political ties
- 17th to 18th century shift--cultural, racial, political
the Atlantic World
- why was working on ships attractive for free and enslaved black men?
- why was London seen as the place in which black men considered themselves free men?
turn of the century
Fort Hunter church
Theilmann's review of Taylor
- what does Theilmann say is Taylor's major contribution?
- what does Theilmann say are the good points of American Colonies?
- what does Theilmann say are the downsides or points where American Colonies is lacking?
how to find a question
- what is the time period?
- what is the topic?
- what is the focus?
- what do they have in common?
- how do they differ?